Tuesday 22 March 2011

So... I've started a blog!

Lately I've been researching how to make cute little trendy items for our baby arriving in a couple months (to save $$'s), and I've been discovering the world of blogging.  So many share their ideas and projects online - I found this quite intriguing.  Some are really quite creative... and this has inspired me!

There are so many neat baby items out there... but you could also spend a fortune on all these things.  I already have quite a few cute projects I'm excited to start (and save money) that I will be sharing in the next few weeks while we anticipate the arrival of our little one!  I also hope to share some of my other interests and thrifty ideas with you as well.

I thought a personalized logo to put on my projects (whether I use them at home or give away as gifts) would be quite cute and make my projects my own.  I got this idea from another blogger - Kate (www.seekatesew.blogspot.com).

You can read her tutorial on making your own labels at http://seekatesew.blogspot.com/2011/03/300-clothing-labels-for-20.html.

I followed her tutorial and ordered custom fabric online at spoonflower.com.  Making labels yourself might seem time consuming, but it does appear to be cheaper than ordering custom labels from somewhere else.  

I'm very excited for my fabric with my labels imprinted to arrive!!
This led me to the discovery of a photo-editing web application: www.picnik.com.  Spoonflower uses this application with their website so you can design your own fabric.  You can use many of the editing features for free... but if you're willing to spend a little (about $25 for a year subscription) you might find it worthwhile upgrading to a premium membership depending on how useful you might find their tools.  I know we will be taking lots of pictures of baby... so this might come in handy with birth announcements and editing many cute photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment